Wednesday, March 23, 2011

YO PHILADELPHIA! WHAT HAPPENED?

Recently, a friend told me he was going to attend a conference in Philadelphia. I began to wax nostalgic describing the National Constitution Center, the wonderful view of Boat House Row from the Water Works, and a small Greek restaurant hidden away in an alley off Locust Street.

He told me his Alma Mater is Villanova University and he loved to explore Center City "Philly." Yet, he said he "dreaded" using Philadelphia International Airport. He told me getting from one gate to another was a "nightmare" and getting information from PIA people was less than helpful, sometimes "even rude."

As I recall, about ten years ago, PIA was funded for an Employee Training Program to motivate people to better represent the City of "Brotherly Love" to visitors. What happened that a traveler using it had such a poor impression?

No comments :

Post a Comment