Sunday, July 8, 2012

INITIATION FEE TO CLUB EIGHTY

I am now a full fledged member of Club 80 having broken my toe recently.

After much testing, and a couple of pieces of tape across my big toe, I learned about the delicate balance between things inside and outside my body that keep me going. One of the tests that fascinated me allowed me to hear the rhythmic pulsing and the orchestrated sounds of blood as it made its way through my veins.

The Emergency Room of the hospital I visited was neither as glamorous nor exciting as are those portrayed on TV. It is rather an untidy bedlam of humanity of the stricken and the healers. Sometimes services were provided swiftly with great caring. While at other times overworked staff and overburdened facilities provided little time for caring or for conveying information.

The ER brings together people of all ages faiths, social and economic differences and political beliefs. The whole experience was an eye opener for why Congress needs to pass The Affordable Health Care Act, as it was a less than easy introduction to Club 80 for me.

No comments :

Post a Comment