Friday, August 24, 2012

ANATOLIA, ROOTS OF LANGUAGE?

Language and what influences it has always fascinated me. I have always wondered how infants learned to talk and understand words in many different tongues. I know there is scientific, environmental and biological theory about how children's senses are awakened, but where did the language come from?

The New York Times, August 24, reports that a new attempt is being made to prove that much of the origin of Indo-European languages originated from Anatolia, in modern-day Turkey. Yet another Study places the origin of language in the steppes of modern day Ukraine and Russia, North of the Red Sea. Each Study reflects geographical and cultural character of the area.

I was intrigued by both theories though neither really explained how children are able to master more than one, sometimes many languages from around the world while even English sometimes defeats me.

No comments :

Post a Comment