Saturday, September 15, 2012

SPECIAL GIFT FROM NATURE

Recently I was given a small bouquet of purple and white flowers from an event I had attended. When I brought them home, I snipped their stems, freshened their water and placed them near a window filled with sunshine.

They thrived for about two weeks. When it came time to throw them out, I noticed two small flowers, still sturdy and with two unopened buds on their stem. On the chance the buds might still open, I saved them and placed them in the sunny window. Two days later, much to my delight, one bud opened.

As nature begins her new cycle of seasons and I begin my own season of contemplation, I feel as if I have been presented with a very special gift. I extend the hope for the same sense to all readers, friends and family.

No comments :

Post a Comment