Monday, July 8, 2013

BITCOMS: HERE WE GO AGAIN?

I had lunch with a friend who is familiar with financial markets. We talked for a while and then I asked what she knew about BITCOMs.  She said, "Not a thing but I'll ask the hot shots in my office."

Throughout the ages people have used false claims in hope of enticing us. Whether it was a Circus Pitchman promoting an illusion, or a speculator selling worthless land or  a financial wizard offering a double our money back opportunity, we are taken in by colorful characters and their offers.

Now comes the "First Exchange-Traded Fund for BITCOMS."  Described in the New York Times Business News Section on July 2 as "an alternative crypto-currency that exists outside the realms of governments and central banks - a virtual currency."

 The article sounded like the same kind of thinking that conceived  the  scheme for hidden derivatives
which caused the financial havoc that is still with us.  I sure hope  not!

No comments :

Post a Comment