Friday, January 26, 2018

ANOTHER ENTREPRENEUR?

Recently on a trip to the state of Florida, I discovered the latest entrepreneurship on a coast teeming with tall palm trees.

We were going South, passing old railroad tracks that once hauled crates of oranges, coconuts and  pineapples proudly marked as being from"Sunny Florida", now carrying construction material like cranes and bricks.

As we traveled, huge billboards standing as high as the cranes we passed advertised local and national products, services and candidates who were running in elections past and current.  All these messages and the billboards  obliterated views of the Floridian flora and fauna.

When suddenly, a huge, black billboard loomed above us.  It advertised a company and appeared to be a truck stop. High on the billboard too were the words, "BARBER ON PREMISE."

I have seen "Showers " advertised at other trucks stops but "BARBER" was a first for me and I thought it was a great idea for drivers who make long hauls.

Be that as it may, it softened what might have been a long rant on my part against billboards
in general and on my trip to the sunny South in particular.




No comments :

Post a Comment