Saturday, July 11, 2009

WOMAN IN A RED BATHING SUIT

Today, it is hot and humid. As I walked up my street, a young woman came toward me. She was wearing a bright red, two piece with a halter top, short trunks and no other clothing. She walked with a limp and I noticed that she was handicapped.

Her left side was severely disabled, whether from a stroke or a childhood malady. Yet, she walked with assurance and smiled as we passed each other. Even with the disability, she carried herself as if to say she would not suffer the oppressive heat inside but would get to a pool instead.

She was alone. I don't know what it took for this person to get herself up, out and into a swim suit. But, her determination to enjoy life was apparent. It must have helped her overcome more than a few physical and emotional obstacles without fear of what others might think. It also put me in the mood for a swim.

No comments :

Post a Comment