Wednesday, October 28, 2009

INVASION OF THE LADYBUGS

St. Louis is suddenly invaded by ladybugs, as are many other parts of the country. People are being surrounded by swarms of them. I was startled by one who landed on the window of my apartment 15 floors high.

What to do? There are all kinds of suggestions. Use the vacuum to swept them up. They are harmless. Leave them alone. They are only looking for a warm place to come in out of the cold weather. But if they are squashed they will omit a foul odor and leave a stain. Call an exterminator.

I'm no entomologist, but if one did get in here, I would catch her on my finger, open the window and sing to her, as children do: ladybug, ladybug go on home, your children are home alone or something like that. Both this little verse and my voice ought to do the trick.

No comments :

Post a Comment