Sunday, November 8, 2009

A DOG CALLED QUEN

Yesterday, on my morning walk I encountered a dog called Quen. Big, with an all white coat, I spotted him in the distance coming toward me. At first, I could not make out the breed. He had the head and build of a German Shepard, but I had never seen one that had an all white coat.

As I came closer, it was apparent that he was a young dog. He was frisky and friendly straining at the leash. His owner confirmed that he was a German Sheppard not quite a year old. I asked his name. We've named him Quen. Quen? Yes. We named him that because his rambunctious behavior reminds us of Jean-Paul Sartre's character Quen.

While Jean-Paul Sartre's philosophy is not unfamiliar to me, I could not remember a character called Quen and I thought the name was quite a stretch. But come to think of it, one-year old Quen sure embodies that spirit of "there is no right or wrong."

No comments :

Post a Comment