Thursday, January 28, 2010

CYLDESDALE/JOKES AND WATER COOLERS?

The first time I saw a Clydesdale horse in person, it was waiting, patiently standing in a lot next to a non-descript bar in Upper Darby, PA. I was coming back from the airport and there it was standing next its trailer and the trainer who had brought him for a special event. I had seen the horse before on television, but to see this animal in the flesh was a real treat.

Yesterday, it was announced that the Clydesdale would no longer take part in the Super Bowl Commercials. Even though they were featured in about ten Super Bowl game commercials before. The new producer and some beverage industry consultant explained that the commercials with the horses would not create the water cooler buzz a humorous one would.

Now with everything else to be considered, I wondered if a one-liner at the water cooler will be remembered longer than watching those magnificent horses?

1 comment :

  1. I agree. I saw many of them at a fair in the midwest one time, and though i don't remember which city I was in, I remember those Clydesdales. Beautiful. Memorable. Budweiser was lucky to have such classy representatives.

    ReplyDelete