Sunday, August 8, 2010

POOL THERAPY AND THE AMA

My apartment building has a rooftop pool which is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. The sun beats down on it all day. Recently, a sign was posted in our lobby informing us that the pool would be closed for two days for "Pool Therapy."

I was curious as to what Pool Therapy Meant. The life guard told me because of the summer heat, algae had formed at the bottom of the pool. The Therapy refers to scrubbing algae off the pool bottom with a long brush and some chemicals. When I went on line to learn more about the product used all I found was the product's name and order forms.

I have friends with in ground and above ground pools and a few with man-made ponds where they raise exotic fish. All speak about requirements for cleaning the water and surrounding area. None talked about the need for therapy sessions.

I guess it was merchandising mavens who decided to call ordinary cleaning and maintenance of pools, "Therapy Sessions." Wonder what the AMA thinks of this?

No comments :

Post a Comment