Sunday, February 6, 2011

VALET PARKING NO MATTER WHAT!

This morning our temperature reached a warm 31 degrees. The snow came off and on, the streets were filled with ankle deep slush and the sun was trying desperately to come out. On my way to my favorite coffee shop, I noticed a tall, slender young man wearing a red parka standing in front of an up scale restaurant in the area. He was standing by a "Valet Parking" sign, sunk in a river of slush.

There was something incongruous about the picture, so I stopped to talk to him. He was indeed waiting to park cars for patrons of the restaurant who might be arriving for brunch.

He was still there when I returned. As I tried to find a passable path back to my car and finally climbed into it, I wondered does he earn enough in tips and gratitude to make up for his lonely, wet vigil?

No comments :

Post a Comment