Tuesday, September 20, 2011

ABOUT THE BIRDS: NOT THE CARDINALS

I do cheer for the Cardinals even though the Phillies are close to my heart. But this post is not about baseball. It is about real birds. How strange they seem to act at times and how, in some ways they mimic human behavior.

In the Spring, it was reported that Pink Flamingos dropped from the sky over Siberia. Later in New Jersey, red winged black birds were turning up claws to the sky dead. And here in St. Louis on a chilly day in September, I watched chicadees, wild sparrows, ugly starlings and a boisterous, large crow all fighting over a bagel in the street. As I watched, I thought how much like us are these creatures. Fighting with each other. None helping the other. Flying nerviously to and fro. Until the crow decided enough was enough and swooped down, picked up what was left of the bagel, leaving the others excited and bewildered.

There was no sharing of the bagel and I bet the kiddies back home never got a crumb.

No comments :

Post a Comment