Friday, September 23, 2011

MY GRANDFATHER,ME & TECHNOLOGY

The story goes that when my grandfather first heard a radio, he thought a man was hidden inside. He could not understand that the voice he heard was body less.

Internet Technology is almost incomprehensible to me. I cannot figure out how what I put on paper, now known as a window, gets from here to you my reader. With my trusted typewriter I was able to put words on paper, mail that paper and you would receive my message. True, I never did figure out how the postal system worked, but I knew it involved earth bound people and equipment. With my PC it's hard for me to comprehend how my message gets to the reader.

Recently, I had a problem with my computer. I was asked to describe the problem. I replied, "They were giving me directions which did not work." The person listening said, "Who is they?" Before I answered, I smiled and thought of the story about my grandfather and the radio.

No comments :

Post a Comment