Wednesday, January 4, 2012

SEEKING PLEASURE AND STABILITY?

As 2012 gets underway the weather here in St. Louis, as elsewhere across the country has been as volatile as the political seesaw we are on. Almost makes one wonder, what has gotten into all of us and when will we see some stability, human and weather-wise that gives us pleasure?

I found my answer recently as I sat in my car waiting for the red light to change. A bright yellow something darted in front of me. At first I thought it was a butterfly even though it was January. Then I realized it was a wild sparrow or a golden breasted waxbill that had escaped its cage. At the same time I noticed a young child happily skipping along as she held the hand of the woman next to her.

Both the skipping child and the tiny bird represented for me a pleasant oasis in the midst of the unsettling time in which we live, and the many simple pleasures we can find if we but look for them.

No comments :

Post a Comment