Saturday, February 25, 2012

THREE STRIKES: YOU ARE OUT!

I have always questioned "three strikes and you are out" law because it often usurps judicial deliberation. On the other hand, I wish such a law was available to me on a recent Delta Airline flight.

All passengers were seated and the luggage stowed when the Captain announced we would be delayed. We were waiting for passengers who missed their connection from Belize to Atlanta. Fair enough. Ten minutes later, the family of seven, with five children all slipped into two rows directly in front of me when I learned they had been in Fort Lauderdale not Belize.

Our take off was delayed three more times. Each time, the Captain announced over the inaudible humming intercom that we were having "mechanical problems." We did not know what the problems were. Still, we took off and arrived an hour late in St.Louis but not before the ramp to the airport had trouble hooking up to the fuselage. Finally, we got off the plane.

We had made it safe and sound but I wish I had asked the Captain if Delta had ever heard about "three strikes and you are out!"

No comments :

Post a Comment