Wednesday, August 17, 2016

POLITICAL RHETORIC AND SELFLESSNESS.


A VERY SHORT STORY

On a very hot August day here in St. Louis I had to travel about 15 miles for a meeting.

When I got to my destination I parked my car in a steamy garage and went to my meeting.

When I was finished  I returned to my car to go home but the battery would not turn over.

Exasperated, I got out of my car and called out, "Can anyone give me a jump start?"

A young couple who were preparing to leave said, "We'll see if we can help you".

They were parked in a bad position to attach cables to my battery.

The woman who was driving the car moved it so the man could attach the cables.

They succeeded. My battery turned over and we all left.  Needless to say I was most grateful.

On the way home I turned on the radio and heard a lot of political verbiage.

I thought what a shame that so many people who want to be elected don't seem to
understand the selflessness that is so much a part of who we are as Americans.

SEE YOU AT THE POLLS!

No comments :

Post a Comment