Saturday, July 16, 2016

HIS NAME IS DAVID!

He came in wide-eyed and curious.

He had blond curly hair and big brown eyes.

He walked sure of himself.

As he took the table next to me our eyes met.

He smiled and I asked for his hand.  He gave it to me.

I asked for a high-five he gave it to me.

He was there with his father.

I found out that his name was David and he was not quite two.

As his father went for breakfast he sat quietly taking in all the activity.

He was fascinated with all the people, some greeting each other.

As I watched this bright, beautiful, curious child, some of the ache inside of me created by the turmoil of this past week left me.

David demonstrated there is still much to discover and learn at his age and mine.

I left the coffee shop feeling brighter than when I went in.


SEE YOU AT THE POLLS!







1 comment :

  1. David's impression on you has made a joyful impression on me. Thanks for that, Beverly.

    ReplyDelete