Saturday, December 25, 2010

CLOSING OUT THE OLD YEAR

I have been in a quandary this holiday season, wondering what to say as I close out the holiday season and 2010. Hoping for inspiration, I visited large stores and small shops watching children's faces. I looked into the faces of people I passed on the street and in upscale restaurants and local coffee shops. It seemed to me that excitement and anticipation was missing from the faces I did see.

My dilemma was resolved by a letter from friends on the East Coast. The letter contained family news, pictures of their beautiful children and grandchildren, and a favorite quote from Antoine de St-Exupery, author of"The Little Prince," which I extend now to you for a good 2011.

"You'll be bothered from time to time by storms, fog, snow.
When you are, think of those who went through it before you
and say to yourself, 'What they could do,I can do.'"

No comments :

Post a Comment