Sunday, August 16, 2009

WEATHER, VEHICLES, AND ANIMALS

Like the Jules Verne novel, Around the World in Eighty Days, my thirty-day trip put me on many different modes of travel. Taxis, planes, golf carts, cars, buses, subways, trains and ferries got me from one point to the other.

On my trip, I experienced all sorts of weather. From lovely,crisp days to horrendous lighting, thunder and pouring rain storms that forced a quick ending to a stay in a cottage in the Hudson Valley.

Dogs were everywhere I went. On the plane, a cute little black dog popped his head out of a bag under the seat next to me. On the streets of New York, professional dog walkers were handling 12 dogs at a time. In the home where I stayed, a small dog with a large personality entertained me by hiding things that belonged to me.

But it was a deer who really startled me early one morning as I was coming from the beach on Fire Island. It saw me but still strolled along casually as if to say, I belong here, not you.

No comments :

Post a Comment