Monday, December 21, 2009

A SMALL CHILD CALLED TERESA

One of the pleasures I have had over the years was meeting people of prominence, sometimes referred to as VIPs. Sometimes it might be a while before we would meet again. But when we did, I was always delighted when they remembered me.

On a recent Sunday morning, in a coffee house that I frequent, I was absorbed reading my newspaper, enjoying my coffee when I noticed 3 year old Teresa
standing next to me. We had spoken before. She had come over to say hello and startled me by remembering my name. We chatted a bit. Then she ran back to her father.

Before I left, I went over to tell her father how intelligent I thought she was. He told me he was surprised that Teresa had approached me as she did as she is normally a very shy child. As I walked home, I realized little Teresa had given me the same kind of pleasure I used to feel when I ran into a VIP who remembered me.

No comments :

Post a Comment